Authors have the right to
- have their intellectual property protected by the state
- have their moral rights properly acknowledged and protected by the
- decide whether and where they are going to publish, and in what format(s)
- freely negotiate their own publishing contracts and licensing agreements
- negotiate in person, or through agents of their own choice, as they prefer
Action on Authors' Rights is a grassroots group set up to campaign
in support of authors' rights.
If you are a UK author or literary agent, or an author resident in the UK, and you
agree with this manifesto – why not join our mailing list?
page created 9 February, 2010